- set a vague (or no) agenda – so that attendees can come to the meeting with no idea what it’s for and do no preparation
- do not try to solve any questions before the meeting via slack (or email) – as this could mean cancelling the meeting altogether, saving a tremendous amount of time for attendees
- invite everyone regardless of whether they’re relevant to the conversation or not
- spend 10 minutes at the beginning with smalltalk
- encourage irrelevant, sidetrack conversations
- do not define next steps / follow-up items
- set it to be an hour meeting, so that there’s plenty of time to waste time
If you do any of these, you’re on your way to a terrible meeting!